You are here

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Rendering in 2014
SoftPlan Version:
2014 Plus

OK, well I thought I might try my hand out at doing a little tutorial video on rendering:

House Rendering Tutorial by Chris Stewart

http://youtu.be/-hq4dS5U1YY

Let me know if that seems helpful and I'll do a part 2

Bill Wimberley
Bill Wimberley's picture
Rendering tutorial

Very good Chris. I have added the video to the SoftPlanTuts video tutorials. I'm looking forward to more if you find the time.

Bill is the owner and maintainer of SoftPlanTuts.com

jimcrook@live.com
jimcrook@live.com's picture
Chris Awesome !!!

Chris, your Rendering Tutorial is super helpful.  Although I have been a Softplan user for some years I have only recently begun to experiment a little with

colour renderings.  So I am a rendering neofite.   I have just started to learn some Sketchup for making symbols to use within Softplan,  and I would also

love to know how to use and interface with Paint Programs to enhance a Softplan Rendering, so your video was right on for me.

I have not used Paint Programs before although I do own Photoshop Elements ( which I never learned how to use ).

Anyway, anyway I look forward to seeing how you unite the Softplan Rendering & Background Pic.   One can read the manual all they like but as they say

"a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case a video picture" :-)

JimC

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
OK, so I did a part 2

OK, so I did a part 2

-Sorry it is about 45 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyHUQSgceu4

Dan Turner
Dan Turner's picture
The best 45 minutes I've

The best 45 minutes I've spent in a long time with SoftPlan!  I feel fortunate to have the Corel products in my bag o' tricks...but to see a master at work using these for the little things, the nuance stuff to make a good rendering and great rendering....what a great way to start this Saturday morning!!

Thank you for the effort to produce these very, very informative tutorials!!

Dan Turner

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Thanks, glad it was helpful

Thanks, glad it was helpful to someone.

I sort of stumbled through it and did not spend any time trying to create a streamlined script.

Anyway there are probably a few handy bits of information in there.

Bill Wimberley
Bill Wimberley's picture
Very nice

Very nice videos Chris. Lots of little tips that show how to enhance the standard output and make it more realistic. I liked the use of the smudge tool to bring the grass up on the foundation so it doesn't have a straight line between the grass and the foundation. Many other tips in there as well. I hope you will be able to do more videos in the future.

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
OK, well I added one more on

OK, well I added one more on how to do a rendered elevation.

33 minutes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SezPuVaNOko

jimcrook@live.com
jimcrook@live.com's picture
Another Great Tutorial

Chris, another great tutorial, very informative and helpful !  Thank-you for taking the time to do these !

It looks at though you might have done the rendering 100 years from now though in 2113, check

out your signature :-)

JimC

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
That's funny I signed all of

That's funny I signed all of them that way    -must be ahead of my time. ;^)

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Here is a collage I did of

Here is a collage I did of the same house:

Dan Turner
Dan Turner's picture
Another Great Tutorial!! thanks Chris!!

That 35 minutes breezed by in a hurry while watching the tips on Paintshop and SP.

You're the Man, Chris!!  Thank you for sharing!!

Dan Turner

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
You are welcome,

You are welcome,

Here is another rendering I have been working on:

Bill Wimberley
Bill Wimberley's picture
Videos set to "Private"

Chris, the 3 excellent rendering videos you created have somehow been set to "Private" on YouTube. As a result, they are no longer available for viewing. I'm hoping we can get them back. I've had a couple of people email me asking about them today.

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Sorry, I have reconsidered my

Sorry, I have reconsidered my policy on that. It took a considerable amount of time to develop that skill and giving it away does not seem like a good idea anymore. (perhaps my blood-sugar level is up and I am feeling crabby;^)

-Though I do appreciate you, Jim and Dan taking the time to stop by say thanks. I think I will stick to the more usual level of participation.

That being said here is an example of elevations:

Bill Wimberley
Bill Wimberley's picture
Elevation

Chris, that looks really cool. Did you do that all in SoftPlan or did you get a little help from your paint program?

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Hi Bill,

Hi Bill,

This can all be done within Softplan but I find paint programs are almost always needed or at least helpful on more complicated projects.

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Here is an interior render

Here is an interior render from a current project

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
I worked on making it a bit

I worked on making it a bit more realistic.

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
Bath 2 in the same house

Bath 2 in the same house

ChrisStewart
ChrisStewart's picture
I did another of the master

I did another of the master to illustrate the accent lighting