The pool of talented people joining SoftPlanTuts is increasing all the time. If you would like to help make this the best resource for everything SoftPlan we could use your help.
Up until now I've been doing pretty much everything from designing and building the site to writing tutorials. But this site was never intended to be just one person doing everything. It is intended to be a community effort. With that in mind I am seeking people who would be willing to add their expertise to making this site so much more than what can be achieved with just the efforts of one person. If we all contribute something we can all get something back and increase our knowledge.
I would like to find people who are willing to help out in the following areas:
- Articles: Write articles about anything relating to the building and design industry as well as anything that would be beneficial to business owners in general.
- Tutorials: Write tutorials dealing with various subjects. Subjects can include SoftPlan, SoftList, Sketchup, Renderings, Photoshop, Spreadsheets, etc. Basically anything that you have an expertise in that would be beneficial and helpful to other SoftPlan users.
- Video Tutorials: If you have the ability to produce videos on how to perform various aspects of using SoftPlan, Sketchup, Photoshop, or any other software that is used in the design and building business we would love to add them to the video library. Also, if you can't produce the videos yourself you can still contribute by writing the script for a video, laying out the steps to perform various tasks. Then I or someone else could take the script and use it to create a video tutorial. Also, suggestions for tutorial topics are needed.
- Forum: Get involved on the Forum and help people when they have questions. There are often numerous ways to perform a task and the more people who provide their expertise the more options become available to everybody.
- Command Reference: Back when I started this site I built out all the structure to be able to provide a very comprehensive command reference for SoftPlan. But because of the sheer number of commands, version 2012 has over 800 of them and each new version adds more, I have not had the time to devote to documenting all of the commands. With a group effort we can get this done and provide an excellent resource for new and experienced users alike.
If anyone is willing to help out in any of these areas please reply to this post and let's get the ball rolling!
Thanks to all of you!
Bill is the owner and maintainer of SoftPlanTuts.com