You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
cbe
cbe's picture
Softplan 2014 is being unveiled at IBS in Vegas

If anyone knows of any new features, please post them in here.  

A user at Spline posted a video of a panoramic rendering on an iPad.  Hopefully Softplan also supports Android and Windows tablets otherwise this is pretty useless for me.

I am interested to see what "Softplan+" will be.  They are teasing it as "new cloud services offering."

- Cory

Bill Wimberley
Bill Wimberley's picture
SoftPlan+

SoftPlan+ provides some additional features including but not limited to:

• 5 GB of automatic cloud drawing backup. You choose which projects you want automatically backed up to SoftPlan's servers.
  • Server Ticket Help system. No need to email tech support. Just go to the Help menu and create a support ticket. Your project files are automatically sent to tech support along with your help ticket. All interaction is through SoftPlan's help ticket system.
  • Access to all training videos directly from your Start page.
  • Premium content such as additional textures, and symbol libraries. Premium content is synced with SoftPlan+ servers so if new content becomes available it is automatically downloaded to your system.
cbe
cbe's picture
I like the features.  However

I like the features.  However, I am assuming there is an additional cost or does this come with 2014?

Bill Wimberley
Bill Wimberley's picture
Cost

I really don't know the answer to that. I am assuming that it is an additional cost but I don't have anything to go by other than the "+" for making that assumption.

cbe
cbe's picture
According to someone that was

According to someone that was at IBS, Softplan+ will cost around $50/month.  The price will include software upgrades, online training material, and a few other bells and whistles.  Seems pretty pricey.  I guess I'll take a closer look when it comes out.